Wednesday, January 2, 2013

5 in 2013

After an eventful 10 hour journey, I am finally back in Oxford. Now all I need to do is unpack, do laundry, run a million errands and then repack for the Bowl Game.  Have I mentioned how much I love the Rebels?  Or how proud I am of our football team?  No, ok, well I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when they run on the field for the game and I'm totally ok with it.

I'm linking up with Jessica at Fantastically Average for her 5 for Five (NYE edition).  I just recently found her blog and it's so great!



I'm terrible at resolutions, but I love to make them and then look back throughout the year.

1. Go to Church more and pray daily for those that I love.  Often, I find myself in prayer begging for God to help me with something, change a situation I'm in, or heal someone.  Instead, I should be thanking him for the blessings in my life.  I also just downloading the SheReadsTruth Devotion on my iPhone and I really like it so far.  I also recently was given a Blessing Bracelet, and it reminds me daily to count my blessings.

2. Connect more with my friends from home and my family.  Often, I feel as if I am the only one that makes the effort to stay in contact with them, and then I am often frustrated when I find out information when I am home.  I'm not going to lie, normally I am super sensitive and tend to get my feelings hurt.  I am going to make the conscience effort to make contact with them (and NOT text message or FB) once a week.  This means a phone call, card (no one appreciates the handwritten note anymore), skype date or email.  My family is really spread out throughout the US. This year, we were lucky and got to see each other often, but I also need to make more effort to visit (umm...hello Santa Monica where T + E live).

3. Blog more.  Very few people know I have a blog (Hey Jessica and Katherine). I had so much fun participating in my first swap where I "met" the wonderful Kim.  I want to participate in more blog swaps, REVAMP my blog look (and learn how to do that) and connect to more bloggers.  Maybe I'll even go public with my blog (ie facebook and twitter...)

4. Eat Cleaner.  I know everyone is saying this, but it's true.  I eat out way too much and therefore spend too much money.  I LOVE to cook, but my long commute makes this miserable.  So really focusing on planning my meals on Sundays. Hopefully a few of my friends are also interested in this and we can plan meals together.

5. Exercise More. I do a pretty good job at this already. I need to get back in my boot camp routine, and I've already signed up for another half marathon.  I also want to do some longer runs, more weights, some swimming and add more yoga into my life. This is the year I will get back in a bikini (or tankini)

Here's to 2013!

xoxo,
Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Yay for 2013! That's really neat you have friends with blogs! I've been trying to get my bf start one forever and she still hasn't haha. I love your goals and I'm so excited to get to know you better with this swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashlea! I am so excited to swap with you! I really don't know anyone with blogs, except a few people. I am really trying to grow my blog this year (hence the goal). I just follow blogs and participate in their swaps. I'm trying to get my friend Jessica to start one!

    ReplyDelete