Monday, January 14, 2013

Mingle Monday



Mingle 240
I'm linking up with Meg at Life of Meg for her Mingle Monday. 
Her question posted was "What is the prettiest or most unique wedding you've been to and why?"

This question is perfect for me as I have been on the wedding tour (I think I was invited to 14 this year)
Every wedding I went to this year was AMAZING. And so true to the couple.  That's my biggest pet peeve, when the wedding is more about the celebration, or isn't a reflection of the couple. I'm going to highlight a few!
  • Wedding One: Jacque & Thomas (and Karsyn).  My dear sorority sister's wedding in Tampa where I was a bridesmaid.  Thomas' family coincidentally is from my hometown.  His grandma read the most amazing Poem and they had CUPCAKES (the best ever!)

sweet, beautiful bride

  • Wedding Two: Travis & Ellee.  My cousin Travi (what we all call him) married the sweet sweet Ellee in Santa Barbara. AH.MAZING. That's the only way to describe it.  They made it a long weekend since everyone was from out of town. From Thursday night and wayyyy toooo many margaritas to Sunday when I tearfully had to leave, the entire weekend was amazing. It was the first time we were all together in about 4 years.  My family lives all spread across the US so any time we are with together, I cherish it.  Plus my uncle's brother & sister were able to come.  We met so many people that we had only heard about in stories.  The whole weekend was just magical.


I mean look at the view!
  • Wedding Three: Katie and Kevin.  I grew up with Kevin (grade school and high school) and Katie is just the sweetest person ever. The wedding was in Lake Geneva where her family has a lake house.  The best part is that they did the wedding slide show in the middle of the reception and included pictures from the actual day.  
They danced all night long!


St. Jude Flyers: Me, Bradley, Kevin (the groom), Anne and Troy.

Now wedding season 2013 is already beginning this weekend as I head to Florida for my friend Jason's wedding.  Oh the age of 27!

No comments:

Post a Comment