Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Social

Sunday Social
Two posts in one day! This must be a record. But one of my "resoultions" (does anyone else hate that word?) is to blog more and make more friends in the blogging world.  One way that I have found to do this is to link up!!  So I'm Linking up with Ashley and Neely for Sunday Social.  And this week is all about introducing our blogs!

1. What is the name of your blog?  How long have you been blogging?
- The name of my blog is My Mississippi Madness.  I am a former Chicago Suburbanite and I not live in Mississippi, where I'm convinced most of my friends think I don't have running water. 
I started my blog in 2010.  I had just found out my job wasn't going to be renewed and I was so lost.

2. Why do you blog?
-I started to blog as a way to be creative. I've always loved writing and I'm generally a "nosey" person. I say this because I love to hear about others lives, and learn their stories.

3.  What is the first blog you ever followed?
-I love Enjoying the Small Things by Kelle Hampton.  I don't know how I found her, but I absolutely was drawn to her style, her family and everything about her blog! 

4.  What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?
-Post Race Blues.  Jessica and I did the St. Jude Half Marathon and we had a blast (even though I was super sick!)

5. What are you blogger goals for 2013?
-BLOG more.  Revamp my blog (it looks pretty old school). Make friends in the "blog world".  Host a Blog Swap!

6.  Name your top 3 favorite blogs?
-Oh this is SO tough!  How I Met Your Father (LOVE), The Book of Meghan (one of my AOII sisters), and Moments with the Mays (because I love to keep up with my friend Laura from College and her precious children) 



7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more of your blog posts! I'm going to have to check out some of your favorite blogs! Meghan's is one of my favorites!

    I hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to why you blog! I am nosy too just in denial haha

    Happy Sunday =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I feel like I'm old enough to admit it now! My friends always love having me around because I remember everyone's stories.

      Delete
  3. A blog swap would be fun!!

    Stopping by from Sunday Social!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm a new follower. Found you via the Sunday Social linkup. Love your blog and your answer about being nosey! Aren't we all? Hahaha! Stop by my blog if you get a chance!
    http://linzlee1982.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks!! Right, at least we can admit we are nosey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your comment about people from outside of Mississippi thinking that you have no running water LOL. I was born and raised in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi and absolutely loved it. When people find out where I am from I was get the same bewildered expression lol. I think Mississippi is gorgeous and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm a new follower and love your blog! Check mine out at http://justinawho.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete