Sunday, January 13, 2013

101 in 1001

As an effort to "expand my horizons" and try new things...I'm creating a 101 in 1001 list.

I'll be updating as I go along, and hopefully I can figure out one of those cool tabs to link it!

Start Date: January 8, 2013 (my 27th birthday)
End Date: October 6, 2015

1. Travel to every SEC school (missing Florida, Texas A&M, South Carolina and Missouri)
2.  Watch Star Wars (yes, I realize I'm strange and I never saw them).
3. Travel outside the country
4. Finish a triathlon 
5. Complete a 40 day lenten challenge writing a letter to 40 people in my life (one for each day of lent)
6. Take a road trip (not to Chicago)
7.Go to Vegas 
8. Go to AOII convention in Chicago.
9. Go on a fun weekend trip with just my dad.
10. Take a ski trip.
11. To go New York and visit Autumn and make her take mer to all the tourist spots from my favorite TV shows.
12. Read 26 books (one for each letter).
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
f.
g.
h.
i.
j.
k.
l.
m.
n.
o.
p.
q.
r.
s.
t.
u.
v.
w.
x.
y.
z.
13. Host a Blog Swap
14. Learn how to sew.
15. Host a family reunion for my moms side of the family.  Write down all our family stories to preserve.
16. Run in a race to honor my aunt (cancer).
17. Try acupuncture.
18. Participate in the 52 week saving challenge 
19. Write a children's book with Ashley
20. Visit my guncles.
21. Take a trip to see my aunt and uncle
22. Have a celebrity RT me.
23. Give a bomb ass toast at a wedding.
24. Go on a camping trip.
25. Learn how to knit or crochet and make something for someone.
26. Go to a NFL game.
27. Go to the rodeo.
28. Attend a live taping of a TV show.
29. Learn how to use my camera.
30. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
31. Host a sleepover for my girlfriends.  Movies, forts, facials.
32. Save $5.00 for every task completed.
33. Leave $$ for a child to find in the dollar store.
34. Retake the GRE and get into a doctoral program.
35. Attend a murder mystery dinner.
36. Take a hot air balloon ride.
37. Visit all 50 states.
38. Go on a fishing trip
39. Create a pinterest board and make everything on it.
40. Go on a cruise.
41. Attend a blog conference
42. Redecorate a room in my house.
43.  Get a t-shirt quilt made from my sorority t-shirts.
44.  Plan a fun overnight trip in less than a week (all based on local recommendations).
45. Meet 10 bloggers.
46. Travel to Philly to see Grace, Tommy and Eli
47. Send my parents on a weekend trip (all expenses paid)
48. Inspire someone else to write a 101 in 1001.
49. Go sailing.
50.  Visit a city I've never been.
51. Go to the Country Music Hall of Fame
52. Go to a Drive in Movie
53.  Take a haunted house tour in New Orleans.
54.  Make a meal using all local ingredients (ie. local meat, veggies from my garden/farmers market)
55. Sing Karaoke. 
56. Watch an episode on Seinfeld  
57.  Meet with a Financial Planner and invest the money from this list into a fund.
58. Take a cooking class
59.  Redesign my blog.
60.  Get the Candy Carlisle Dervaux Memorial Fund fully established. 
61.  Stay up for 24 hours 
62. Participate in a Dance Marathon.
63.  Go fishing on the lake and then eat the fish that night for dinner.
64.  Learn how to boil crawfish from Rocky.
65. Go blueberry picking and then make treats for my friends using the fruit I picked.
66. Join a Wine of the Month Club for a year.
67.  Host a Fancy Dinner Party
68.  Host a Cinco de Mayo Party (make everything at home).
69. Attend a film festival.
70. Make freezer meals for a month
71.  Send someone anonymous flowers, JUST BECAUSE.
72. Buy a nice piece of jewelry for myself that is not a family heirloom.
73. Host a JETS reunion in Illinois for all my swimming friends.
74. rehab a piece of furniture.
75. Attend a summer concert series
76. Make someone's wedding/shower/birthday gift
77. Eat vegetarian solely for one week.
78.  Participate in a half marathon in a random location.
79. Eat from a food truck.
80.  Learn how to change a flat tire.
81. Write a "family letter" for my mom for her Christmas cards.
82. Learn how to golf.
83. Go to an Indian restaurant and let the waiter order for me!
84. Buy my Maker's Mark Whiskey (I'm a Maker's Mark Ambassador).
85.  Go on a mission trip.
86. Take the train to Chicago
87. Get a consultation with a dietitian (ie: Kristen, my friend) and get into a vitamin routine.
88. Attend my HS reunion (and get as many people to come as possible).
89. Scan all my pictures so that I have them on a computer/hard drive
90.  Swim once a week for a month.
91.  Lose 15 pounds.
92.  Take a pottery class
93. Watch all the nominees for Best Picture for the Academy Awards.
94.  Attend a Mardi Gras Ball.
95. Learn to make a really good cocktail
96.  Bring a friend food when they are sick/have a baby
97. Sleep in a Hammock
98. Complete a 365 project (take a picture for everyday of the year!)
99. Send a postcard to Postsecret
100.  Attend a musical
101.  Take a segway tour.

Come join me in this interesting experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment