Sunday, December 2, 2012

Post Race Blues

Now I am NOT a runner, in fact I hate running, but there is something about doing a Half-Marathon, or any race in particular that brings out the competitor in me.  Last year, we saw a lady with a special race shirt (50+ Club) which meant she ran a marathon in EVERY state.  Talk about amazing.  Yesterday I saw a man (had to be about 75+) and he had a sign on him that this was his 80th marathon. And before the year ended (aka 4 weeks) he will run 4 more--talk about IMPRESSIVE.


Yesterday, Jessica and I ate post race with a couple (maybe?! We don't know their connection), that run marathons internationally.  They ran in Russia, they are going to the Netherlands in the Spring and their favorite is one in Orlando (crazy).


Since the end of the race, I have gotten texts from HS friends, sorority sisters, childhood classmates and post college friends saying "hey we need to run one together".  It's crazy how a little thing can bond people.  Jessica is my go to race person.  We travel well together, like to eat at the same places and also like to celebrate with a trip to Target (cue the angels singing).


But it made we want to come up with my WISH LIST or Runner's List of fun places to do a Half- I don't think I could EVER do the FULL--too tempting to turn off and just finish!

So here is my WISH LIST:  For those two people that read my blog (hey Jessica and Lindsey!), let me know what you think. St. Jude is a standard.  Like I said, Jessica and I made a vow to go every year (expect when Ole Miss is in the SEC Championship game).

Livestrong Half Marathon:  This is the one I.MUST.DO!  My aunt is a non-smoking lung cancer FIGHTER and I want to do this one to honor her.  Ever since she was diagnosed, we've all worn Livestrong bracelets. 

Divas Half Marathon: Preferably in Wine Country.  My sweet Chelsea Belle commented on my FB picture and I looked it up and NOW need to do it. "Bling"ed out medals, dance party afterwards.  Must. Have.

Disney Princess Half Marathon: I don't think it's much to ask that when I cross the finish line, that someone sprinkles me with fairy dust.  And then you get to celebrate with DISNEY.  AMAZING.

500 Festival Mini Marathon: It's the Nation's LARGEST half marathon.  That alone would be awesome to participate in.

Naples Daily News Half Marathon: Naples/Ft. Myers is one of my favorite places and hold great memories for me growing up on Spring Break. Plus there is a beach--what better way to unwind afterwards.

Chicago Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon: Chicago being my hometown, I've always wanted to do a half with "my people".  We'd have free places to stay. Plus Chicago in July is HOT, but cool with wind off the lake.

Austin 3M half Marathon: It's mostly downhill so you've got a good shot on a PR.  Plus it's Austin so lots of fun places to celebrate!!
This will be an ongoing list..dream, so stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment