Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Secret Straws and Sandwiches

Friendship....is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything....Muhammad Ali

As I reflect upon this weekend with my friends celebrating Allie's wedding, there is nothing that could possibly describe my friendship with these girls better.  Especially because a few of them may or may not have failed out of school a few times.

Allie's wedding was a reunion of sorts...the kind that's good for your soul.  At 9:00 Autumn sent me a text saying how hungover she was and it literally was like we were back at the sorority house on the blue couches, trying to not wake Mama Reid.  Two seconds later with a replied text, Autumn was cuddled in my bed with me, with Ashley and Jordan in the next bed.  All was right in my world.

We had such a great weekend.  I loved getting a little one on one time and being Allie's "calm person" as she called me.  Allie is SO lucky to marry into the family that she is marrying into.  Eric's family is amazing.  It's filled with cousins, and grandparents and aunts and uncles that are intertwined into each other's lives.  I know Allie loves it too.  Allie's family is just a quirky.  I loved getting to be with her Aunt Sharon (who I got to know in college).  Allie's parents are two of the most selfless people I know--they literally made Allie's wedding a dream come true.  I know that's what parents do, but this was AH. MAZING.

After a wonderful honeymoon in St. Barts, Allie & Eric are going to be living on his family's farm. I am begging Allie to start a blog. #Liveofftheland

Me and Allie before the ceremony! So pretty!

AOII Bridemaids.  Doing some good ole Panda Ears

Allie, Jarnie and Sami, her sister

Cagle Family!

Allie, Ogi (Eric's mom) and Jenny (Eric's sister)

Bon, Den and I. Love them!

There was a Colonel Ice Sculpture.  And yes, Amber and I licked it!

Cutting the cake!

Sweet Allie and the Loving cup!!

Big Sis Best Friends

Love Them!

Parker tweeting and Amber posing. Get married

I also got to hang out with these two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment