Sunday, December 16, 2012

Where does my hope come from?

There are no words to describe the events of Friday, nothing to ease the pain of those suffering, to bring back the 20 children lost, or to comfort the witnesses. 

As someone who loves children and works daily in local elementary schools, all I wanted to do was run to one of my schools and hug my "babies".  That night, I babysat my friend's three year old.  I hugged him a little tighter, laughed a little harder and maybe (sorry Susan) read a few more books and sang a few more songs at bed time.  

President Obama quoted this passage tonight from the Bible.  Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Love him or hate him, Republic or Democratic, this event is something to bring our nation together and he was there to give comfort and peace to those hurting.  To me, he spoke as a father and not as our President.  Okaayyyy, off my soapbox.

Allie at Tales of a TwentySomething is giving away a $100 gift card (ending tonight).  The winner gets a gift card of their choosing.  If I win (doubtful).  I will choose Donor's Choose. And Donate to Sandy Hooks Elementary School.

Ann Curry tweeted a bunch today about #20acts or #26Acts.  Choosing to do 20 or 26 acts of good to honor those lost in this horrific event.  What will do you to honor the victims?

Follow me on twitter @SaSiebert to see how I will honor the victims.

UPDATE:  This is from a friend in Mississippi on how you can help!!

The PTA is collecting snowflakes---all different kinds, so that when the children go back to their new school, they will be greeted by a winter wonderland!

Here is the article on how you can donate: http://bedford.patch.com/articles/ptas-collecting-snowflakes-funds-for-sandy-hook-students-17771bcc

No comments:

Post a Comment