Thursday, July 8, 2010

Facebook Frenzy

Sweet First Grade me!


So recently with my impending unemployment looming...I have been getting all these signs for me to return to my roots.

Not that I don't LURVE my hometown. I really do. I have the same best friends since I've been little. We still have the same house that I grew up in. We have a Target and Portillos. But would love to stay in Mississippi a few more years.


Soooo....back to these signs.....3 Facebook Friendship Requests from my grade school teachers. I'm talking same school, 8 years, one class per grade. 1st, 3rd, and 5th grade teachers are all now my facebook friends (and 1 wall post counting). 6th grade and former teacher turned long term substitute are suggested friends. I denied. Hateful I know

Is the Mothership calling me home?


All the pictures contain ONLY people who went to SJS. Because we are elitists like that.

Picture Summaries:I host a Ginger-bread making party every year (since like 5th grade) for all my grade school girl friends (it's more fun now with a little cocktail). The last three have been canceled due to lack of enthusiam. But then everyone complains that we don't see each other enough. The top is from our last one (07?) and the bottom is freshman year of college. Molly is sporting her SJS sweatshirt.

All of these friends went to SEC schools. Troy and Nick to "That School Down South"-State, and Megan to Alabama.
Baby brother Adam is the only one missing and he was a 2 year member of the Rebel Family.
Last Picture is of the SJS wedding of the century. The union of two powerful Flyer Families...

Other random Flyer Facts:
  • Eli the Eagle, school mascot, looks like the Eagle Man from the Insurance Commercials.
  • We had recess through 8th grade, but you couldn't fall or sit down, if caught you were sent to the benches.
  • I can recite one little line from either a Christmas Program Song or Church hymn and it'll turn into a 30 minute sing-along with above pictured friends, esp Anne, Molly and Grace.
  • Dances were held in the music room during school. And we definitely had to "save room for the Holy Spirit"
  • Our parents (and rumored teacher) drank on our 8th grade trip. During which we were shopping and causing havoc on a small town.
  • At above mentioned wedding our principal and 2nd grade teacher were in attendance, a group of us all went to say hi...beers and all...just because we could.
  • If someone in a teacher/staff's family died and the funeral was at our Church, the entire school went to the mass. Talk about a heavy day for a 7 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment