Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Ain't No Pablo Picasso





I am no Pablo Picasso. In fact, I remember my guncle (gay uncle), an art teacher telling me at a young age that Art just was not my gift.

However, I have always wanted to do one of those fun paint parties. Mainly because you get to drink wine and paint. I figured if my painting didn't turn out, I'd be drunk enough not to care.

Well it so happens that I did 2 in the span of four days. I did my first one with my friend Katherine. I LOVE snowmen, so I jumped on the chance to paint one.

Then on Monday, my sweet former boss bought us a party for Christmas. Since I've started my new job, I rarely get to see my work friends in Oxford, so this was a great time to see them and catch up. The theme for this Paint Party was Pointsettia's. I am not a flower person, so AP and I made a pact to make the tackiest flower ever. I think I was more stressed than relaxed. Flowers are hard to draw. I was thoroughly happy when Sarah Kathryn, the owner, brought out the glitter. Glitter makes everything better.

Beginning:


Middle:


Final Product:




Overall, I am pretty happy. I can't wait to do more, maybe on a weekend where there is more drinking than painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment